First UMC Dallas: Minister of Discipleship
Date Posted: 1/18/2023
First UMC Dallas, Dallas, TX
This full-time position will lead all aspects of FirstChurch’s discipleship program.
This person will cultivate congregational curiosity, listen to the spiritual yearnings of the community, develop unique opportunities for spiritual growth and oversee creating and implementing a multi-generational discipleship plan. This person will also lead the development of new online initiatives to help FirstChurch engage faith formation in digital and emerging spaces.
The Minister Of Discipleship reports directly to the Senior Minister and will serve at an executive level alongside the Sr. Associate Minister of Mission, Advocacy, & Administration and the Associate Minister of Communications & Community.
Executive functions include input on mission/vision, church culture, and helping lead FirstChurch into our future.
The ideal candidate will
- Have a deep knowledge & appreciation for Wesleyan perspectives on faith development for individuals and the Church.
- Have 5 or more years of experience working in discipleship ministries with a proven track record of helping individuals grow spiritually.
- Have 5 or more years of supervision experience that shows the growth & care for supervised individuals along with their related ministry areas.
- Have unique perspectives of the role of the church and how FirstChurch can creatively adapt to a post-pandemic world.
- Be able to demonstrate effective strategies for community building.
- Be an exceptional writer who can communicate effectively and persuasively to broad audiences.
- Lead all discipleship efforts at FirstChurch including oversight of Sunday school curriculum, small group formation, short & long term studies
- Work with the Associate Minister of Communications & Community to create, implement, and maintain a new member assimilation plan
- Challenge staff and congregational notions of discipleship using new ideas that reflect current trends in the world
- Lead the congregation towards spiritual maturity through teaching in-person, online, and hybrid classes
- Supervise, support, and encourage director positions that lead youth & children ministries along with ensuring our church’s discipleship plan is well integrated through all life stage-specific ministries
- Serve as needed in the preaching rotation
- Serve alongside other staff to help provide pastoral care & spiritual support to the congregation as needed
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and résumé to Rev. Mitchell Boone by January 31
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-220-2727