First UMC Crawfordsville: Director of Youth Ministry
Date Posted: 4/26/2019
First UMC Crawfordsville, Crawfordsville, IN
First United Methodist Church is located in the historic town of Crawfordsville, Ind. The church is seeking a 30-hour Director of Youth Ministry who will foster Christian community through building relationships with young people in grades 6 through 12 that strengthen their commitment to the church and growth in faith in Jesus Christ. The outcomes expected from this position are:
- Youth and parents who are drawn closer to Christ and the church through personal contact, youth gatherings, activities and events.
- A Christ-centered youth ministry (grades 6-12) that is developed and managed in collaboration with Youth Advisory Board, Youth Ministry Team and the ministry staff.
- A team of adults and youth who work together to achieve the youth ministry goals.
- Opportunities for youth to meet, fellowship and develop relationships with other Christian youth through youth gatherings, activities and events.
- Youth who are discipled and trained to witness to and reach out to others.
The ideal candidate will have a deep and living relationship with Jesus Christ, a call to minister to youth, gifts in leadership and communication, a Bachelor’s degree and experience working with middle school, high school, or college level students in a Christian or secular setting. This person must also be a team player.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Kerry at
Contact Phone: 765-362-4817