First UMC Coppell: Director of Modern Worship
Date Posted: 10/12/2021
First UMC Coppell, Coppell, TX
The Director of Modern Worship oversees the direction, vision and day-to-day operations of the Modern music ministry and worship services.
Department: Music Ministry
Reports to: Senior Pastor
- As a growing, committed disciple of Jesus Christ, leading worship of the Triune God is above all other aspirations
- Recruit, develop and direct Modern Worship musicians, and any other additional ensembles.
- Worship Leader: Spiritual sensitivity to lead and engage congregational worship for an audience of ONE. Discipleship-focused, not performance driven
- Oversee and build coordinated and collaborative music and worship teams
- Oversee and effectively manage and develop music staff, singers, and other paid musicians.
- Primarily responsible for Modern Worship long/short term planning and budget
- Coordinate and facilitate worship team planning for Modern services and special worship events; coordinate and collaborate with all church music staff
- Develop trust-filled relationships with volunteers and all church staff
- Work collaboratively and creatively with one another and all church staff
- Work diligently to support the mission of First United Methodist Church Coppell
- Other music and worship responsibilities appropriate for a growing church as deemed necessary by Senior Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
- Significant experience in leading and growing the music ministry in a local church setting
- Familiarity and appreciation for traditional, contemporary, modern and other music genres
- Ability to arrange music for vocalists and instrumentalists preferred
- Experience with sound systems and multi-media such as Pro Presenter. Ability and willingness to help develop other worship-related technologies
- Skill in recruiting, equipping, and sustaining God's people in music ministry
- Understanding and valuing the distinctive contributions of Wesleyan Theology, United Methodism and the church liturgical calendar while appreciating the broader, ecumenical Christian church
- Team player who works well with others to fulfill the overall church mission
- Resourceful, self-motivated and good organizational skills
- Good knowledge of computer and software systems
- Volunteer and staff management including but not limited to supervising Musicians – part and full-time - Sound Technician
- Coaching & mentoring skills
- Recruiting and relation building skills
- Leadership attributes such as: emotional intelligence, motivation, creativity, humility, good communication skills and patience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Competitive Salary and Benefits, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Email a resume to Rev. Tom Palmer at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-462-0471