First UMC Cleburne: Director of Contemporary Worship
Date Posted: 2/28/2019
First UMC Cleburne, Cleburne, TX
The Director of Contemporary Worship for First United Methodist Church will help our community fulfill its mission to make deeply committed disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world, one life at a time. More specifically, the Director of Contemporary Worship will:
- Foster a culture of love, respect, safety and spiritual connectedness
- Recruit, train, equip and lead a volunteer praise band
- Invest relationally in the worship team, their families and volunteers
- Work with the pastoral and worship staff team to plan, implement and lead weekly worship in Sunday morning Contemporary worship Service.
- Coordinate with lay leadership and worship staff to plan, implement and lead weekly worship in the Wednesday Prayer Service.
Reporting Relationship: Pastor of Community and Engagement, Lead Pastor, SPRC.
Time Commitment: Part-Time 15-20 hrs/week. (Flex + Wednesday Evenings + Sunday Mornings).
Worship Planning and Implementation
- Meet weekly with Pastor of Community and Engagement, and bi-weekly with worship staff to plan and organize weekly worship, and special worship services throughout the year.
- Coordinate as needed with lay and pastoral leadership to plan weekly music for prayer service.
- Learn new songs and teach them to the band on a regular basis.
Recruiting, training, equipping and leading a volunteer praise band
- Train, Equip and Lead existing praise band.
- Develop and implement an effective plan to recruit, audition and train new musicians, as needed
- Lead Weekly Praise Team Practices
- Prepare/transpose/distribute guitar charts, lead sheets and vocal sheets as needed for rehearsals and services.
- Communicate consistently with staff and volunteer teams in order to facilitate cohesion, engagement and awareness.
- Included but not limited to updating Planning Center with song selections and service information.
- Providing song selections to office staff for Wednesday Worship
- Oversee CCLI compliance and reporting, as needed.
- Printing/transporting of guitar charts, lead sheets and vocal sheets as needed for rehearsals and services.
- Work in coordination with AV coordinator to keep chancel/stage area clean, and equipment maintained. Communicate all needed repairs/replacements to Pastor of Community and Engagement
- Mentor and Develop members/guests for spiritual growth and service
- Assist with VBS, Trunk or Treat, and all other church-wide special events as needed.
- Pursue ongoing opportunities for spiritual/professional growth and development in conversation with your supervisor.
- As a representative of the Jesus, the Church and it’s leadership, the Discipleship Intern will maintain a presence in the community (in person and online) that consistently demonstrates and points to the love of Christ.
- The Director of Contemporary Worship will engage in ongoing practices of spiritual growth and formation that cultivate their own faith and understanding.
Other duties as assigned and necessary to Make Deeply Committed Disciples of Jesus Christ.
How to Apply
Email resume, letter of introduction and any available links/AV files of worship leadership to Pastor Daniel Hawkins at
Contact Phone: 817-645-6392