First UMC Cedar Hill: Director of Youth Ministry
Date Posted: 3/22/2021
First UMC Cedar Hill, Cedar Hill, TX
The Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for helping youth mature in their Christian faith through study and service.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree in Ministry or Education is preferred.
- Experience in the United Methodist Church is preferred. Ordination is not required.
- Employee must pass a criminal background check.
- Salary commensurate with education and experience.
- This is a part-time salaried position, with 20 hours per week expected.
- Commitment to Christ and to the Youth Ministry.
- Ability to become certified in Ministry Safe.
- Experience with youth that attend 7th grade through 12th grade.
- Ability to attract and recruit youth and their parents to become active in the church.
- Ability to select curriculum and plan and implement activities.
- Ability to recruit, train and direct volunteers.
- Ability to work with the Senior Pastor, staff members, church committees and volunteers as a team player in the ministry of the church.
- Good organizational, planning and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and manage annual budget and expenditures for the Youth Ministry program and conduct fund raising events as needed.
- Proficiency with social media
Supervisory Responsibilities: As assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Plan, communicate, lead and oversee Youth Ministry activities.
- Recruit, train and direct volunteers.
- Select curriculum for bible study and all youth activities.
- Participate in worship services as requested.
- Know the Ministry Safe rules and apply them in training and supervising all staff and volunteers who work with children.
- Attend meetings with staff, church committees and Leadership Council as required.
- Collaborate with other program directors as needed.
- Develop and manage annual budget and expenditures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
How to Apply
Please email a resume to
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 469-879-5761