First UMC Cedar Hill: Director of Children's Ministry
Date Posted: 9/17/2018
First UMC Cedar Hill, Cedar Hill, TX
The mission of the First United Methodist Church Cedar Hill Children’s Ministry is to make disciples for Jesus Christ at an early age, by teaching, guiding, and growing children in biblical principles, Methodism and Christian living.
The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for providing regular and special opportunities for children age 3 to 6th grade to grow in faith as Christian disciples.
Education, Certification and License
- Education commensurate with responsibilities as determined by the SPRC.
- Employee must pass a criminal background check.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certified.
- MinistrySafe online training.
Experience and Knowledge
- Commitment to Christ and to the Children’s Ministry.
- Knowledge of MINISTRY SAFE requirements and rules.
- Experience with children ages 3 years to 6th grade.
- Ability to select curriculum and plan and implement activities.
- Ability to recruit, train and direct volunteers.
- Ability to work with pastor(s), staff members, church committees and volunteers as a team player in the ministry of the church.
- Good organizational, planning and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and manage the annual budget and expenditures for the Children’s Ministry program and conduct fund raising events as needed.
- Ability to do outreach evangelism.
Plan, communicate, lead nd oversee Children’s Ministry activities.
- Recruit, train and direct volunteers.
- Select curriculum for Sunday School and all other children’s activities.
- Know MINISTRY SAFE rules and apply in training and supervising all staff and volunteers who work with children.
- Attend meetings with staff, church committees and Leadership Council as required.
- Collaborate with other program directors as needed.
- Develop and manage annual budget and expenditures.
- Arrange and participate in outreach with community.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Reports to: Senior Pastor regarding work with the Children’s Ministry Team. Confers with the Staff Parish Relations Committee as needed.
The above statements described the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonable accommodate individuals with disability.
How to Apply
Email a resume with contact information to
Contact Phone: (972) 291-1711