First UMC Carrollton: Youth Pastor
Date Posted: 10/15/2020
First UMC Carrollton, Carrollton, TX
The Youth Pastor creates and implements community, discipleship, and outreach ministries for students in grades 7-12, resources and supports parents and volunteers, and champions First Methodist Carrollton’s vision to fill every neighborhood with the good news of God’s love.
College degree required, Master’s preferred, with 5-7 years of experience in youth ministry desired. Must have strong personal faith and and a biblical foundation that aligns with First Methodist Carrollton and Wesleyan theology.
Individual possesses a calling and passion for youth ministry, a deep love for Jesus, and demonstrates enthusiasm and skills for connecting with and teaching middle and high school students.
- Pastoral philosophy of equipping and discipling, with strong communication skills
- Passionate about evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level
- Relational style of leadership and ministry, with a joyful spirit and good sense of humor
- Able to handle conflict in a biblical manner and maintain strict confidentiality
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision, while being a team player
- Has strong computer and social media skills, and basic experience with AV equipment
- Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, flexible, and able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Plan, lead, and attend all aspects of ministry for grades 7-12, providing opportunity for spiritual formation, discipleship and Christian community, including retreats, outings, camps, fundraisers and missions projects.
- Teach and set up small groups for success on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings. Choose and/or prepare curriculum that teaches biblical truth and challenges students to learn, grow and mature in their faith.
- Work with a youth committee made up of students and adults. Enlist and develop youth ministry volunteers.
- Oversee the youth worship band and maintain the AV equipment in the youth room.
- Create and administer the youth budget. Perform administrative tasks expected of staff members, including calendaring, communication, and ensuring youth ministry events follow Ministry Safe procedures.
- Develop a communication plan (in conjunction with the Communications Director), which includes weekly communication with parents and students (email, social media, texts, phone calls, etc.)
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of Confirmation for 6th grade students as they transition into the youth group.
- Create and implement a strategy for reaching and assimilating youth and families. Work as a team with church staff, volunteers, and youth leaders to integrate youth into the life of the congregation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor.
Reports to: Associate Pastor
Work Schedule: Full time; evening, weekend, and holiday work will be required.
Job Classification: Exempt; Salaried position
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, social media channels, and a teaching sample to Jenn Magill at
Contact Phone: 469-568-1240