First UMC Carrollton: Children's Pastor
Date Posted: 1/22/2021
First UMC Carrollton, Carrollton, TX
The Children’s Pastor creates and implements discipleship, community and outreach ministries for kids (grades K-6), resources and supports parents and volunteers, and champions First Methodist Carrollton’s vision to fill every neighborhood with the good news of God’s love.
- College degree required, Master’s preferred, with 3-5 years of experience in children’s ministry desired.
- Must have strong personal faith and and a biblical foundation that aligns with First Methodist Carrollton and Wesleyan theology.
- Individual possesses a calling and passion for children’s ministry, a deep love for Jesus, and demonstrates enthusiasm and skills for connecting with and teaching elementary aged kids.
- Pastoral philosophy of equipping and discipling, with strong communication skills
- Passionate about evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level
- Relational style of leadership and ministry, with a joyful spirit and good sense of humor
- Able to handle conflict in a biblical manner and maintain strict confidentiality
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision, while being a team player
- Has strong computer and social media skills, and basic experience with AV equipment
- Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, flexible, and able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Plan, lead and attend all aspects of ministry for grades K-6, providing opportunity for spiritual formation, discipleship and Christian community, including retreats, social outings, camps, VBS and missions projects.
- Oversee the Sunday morning and Wednesday night programming and team for First Kids (grades K-4).
- Empower and encourage the volunteer team that leads Sunday morning and Wednesday night programming for END Zone (grades 5-6). Partner and plan with the Children’s Fine Arts Director and the Nursery Director.
- Lead a children’s committee made up of parents and volunteers. Enlist and develop volunteers.
- Choose and/or prepare curriculum that teaches biblical truth in age-appropriate and fun ways.
- Maintain the AV equipment in the First Kids and END Zone rooms, as well as supplies for children’s activities.
- Create and administer the children’s budget. Perform administrative tasks expected of staff members, including calendaring, communication and ensuring ministry events follow Ministry Safe procedures.
- Administer and maintain MinistrySafe training and background checks for all volunteers.
- Develop a communication plan (in conjunction with the Communications Director), which includes regular communication with parents and kids (email, social media, texts, phone calls, etc.)
- Create and implement a strategy for reaching and assimilating kids and families. Work as a team with church staff and volunteers to provide pastoral care to kids and families and integrate them into the life of the church.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor.
Reports to: Associate Pastor
Work schedule: Part time; evening, weekend, and holiday work will be required.
Job Classification: Exempt; Salaried position.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, social media channels and a teaching sample to Jenn Magill at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 469-568-1240