First UMC Bridgeport: Director of Youth Ministers
Date Posted: 6/20/2019
First UMC Bridgeport, Bridgeport, TX
The Director of Youth Ministry at First United Methodist Church Bridgeport provides religious education, mission opportunities and fellowship activities for youth (junior high and high school) and their families.
- A deep commitment of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and a passion to share it with young people.
- Knowledge of administration and program coordination
- The ability to work harmoniously and creatively with adults and youth, church staff and volunteers.
- Willingness to perform additional tasks within the church as needed
- The ability to create, plan and implement projects
- Demonstrate self-discipline and motivation.
- Willingness to work odd hours.
- Demonstrate love and acceptance of teenagers.
- Develop and implement Christian ministry programs & mission trips that will provide spiritual growth and gift development for students 6th thru 12th grade.
- Develop and maintain a nurturing and safe environment for all youth and encourage participation in church events.
- Recruit adult leaders and help equip them with the skills and confidence to become ministers and examples in the youth department.
- Strive to increase student involvement in both the local and universal church.
- Lead the youth council and foster active and topical discussions at quarterly meetings.
- Foster relationships with local schools and be a visible Christian role model in the community.
- Teach youth the Bible, including topics such as self-discipline, love and respect for all people.
- Maintain Ministry Safe.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Keep the church calendar, youth pages and links on our website and all other social media updated.
How to Apply
Email resumes to Pastor Rick Davis at
Contact Phone: 940-733-5174