First UMC Boyd/Rhome UMC: Director, Wesley Early Learning Center
Date Posted: 3/21/2023
First UMC Boyd/Rhome UMC, Boyd, TX
Wesley Early Learning Center is seeking an energetic, caring, honest and dependable individual to direct a year-round Pre-School and Childcare Program. Ideal candidate will have experience both in the classroom and administration, preferably in a Licensed Childcare Center and/or church-based Preschool Program.
Director will have the capacity to manage and lead a staff of part-time and full-time teachers, substitutes and volunteers to ensure Texas HHS Minimum Standards for Childcare Centers are maintained while providing a rich environment of learning and care for children. Ideal candidate will be proficient in Brightwheel or similar childcare management software.
- At least 21 Years of Age
- Have a High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Have a Director’s Certificate from Texas HHS, or meet the appropriate combination of education and experience required to obtain a Director’s Certificate (see requirements)
- Bachelor’s and/or Secondary Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or related field
- Teaching experience and/or experience working directly with young children
- Administrative experience (managing staff, program operations, operational budget, curriculum management, etc.)
About Wesley Early Learning Center: Wesley ELC is a new cooperative ministry of FUMC Boyd and Rhome UMC serving the families in South Wise County and the surrounding communities. Located on the campus of FUMC Boyd, Wesley ELC serves approximately 20 children in care with the intent to grow to around 40 enrolled students in our initial year. At Wesley ELC, teaching staff utilize the WEE Learn Curriculum to not only prepare children for a lifetime of learning, but begin building their foundation of faith.
The Director position provides an exciting opportunity to help build this program from the ground-up in a rapidly growing community, building on a culture of collaboration between two vibrant congregations ready to reach out and serve our growing neighborhoods.
Note: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-264-8303