First UMC Bonham: Director of Music
Date Posted: 9/30/2021
First UMC Bonham, Bonham, TX
- Approximately 10 hours a week, including
- Wednesday choir practice from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday morning worship at 10:30 a.m.
- Special service (i.e. Holy Week, Community Worship and Funerals)
- Select and provide music for Sunday services to include the anthem and offertory. If possible, join the pastor and accompanist in hymn selection.
- Responsible for music-related duties such as selection and filing music, updating the music library, and keeping the choir room and office neat and attractive.
- Work within the music budget, providing such budget when required to do so
- Recruit and direct a handbell choir
- Work with volunteers to ensure youth and children are involved in our music ministry
- Ensure there is a Sunday that includes special music during Advent and Easter
- Assist with choir recruitment
- Learn to operate sound system
- Additional duties as assigned
- The director will be required to evidence the work and life of a faithful disciple of Christ
- Must be able to direct music and coordinate instrumentation with choral music
- Must have strong voice for leading hymns
- Must be available for holiday worship services
- Must be willing to work with all age groups
- Punctual and dependable
How to Apply
Email a resume to Rev. Dana Coker at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 903-366-1158