First UMC Belton & University of Mary-Hardin Baylor: Associate Pastor/Campus Minister
Date Posted: 4/2/2019
First UMC Belton is an established United Methodist congregation serving the larger Belton/Temple community. Part of the current ministry of First UMC Belton is a weekly lunch serving an average of 250 college students from the nearby campus of the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. The creation of this new position arises out of prayerful, intentional conversation between church leadership at First UMC Belton and representatives of the Central Texas Conference.
The Associate Pastor/Campus Minister will serve on both the pastoral staff of First UMC Belton and as the recognized United Methodist campus minister at the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. This person will provide leadership in the development of ministry with students on campus at UMHB. This person will also serve as the lead pastor in the launch and development of a new faith community anchored in a new worship service within First UMC Belton. Responsibilities for this position include leadership and care for both the new faith community (preaching, pastoral care and worship leadership) and the college student community (reaching, discipling and mentoring students).
- A servant leader called to ministry with young adults and college students who possesses gifts of relationship-building, organizational leadership, student discipleship and preaching and worship leadership. Must have a passion for young adults and reaching new people for Christ.
- Prior ministry experience working with college students and/or young adults.
- Bachelors degree, pursuing theological studies and licensed or otherwise credentialed within the United Methodist Church or another Wesleyan theological tradition.
- An ordained elder in the United Methodist church.
- An MDiv from a United Methodist accredited seminary.
- At least 2 years of experience leading a campus ministry or serving in university chaplaincy.
- At least 2 years serving on pastoral staff in a local church.
- Experience developing new ministries.
- Strong preaching gifts and creative, visionary leader.
- Both a self-starter and team player.
Timeline: Resumes are being accepted now. Desired start date is no later than July 1, 2019.
Salary & Benefits: Compensation (salary & housing allowance) depends on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance and pension. A moving stipend will be provided, amount to be negotiated.
How to Apply
Please submit an interest letter and professional resume including at least 3 references. All submissions should be emailed to Coordinator of Campus Ministry & Emerging Leaders Rev. Paul Massingill at
Contact Phone: 305-282-1929