First UMC Augusta: Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries
Date Posted: 3/15/2019
First UMC Augusta, Augusta, KS
The position of Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries (DCYM) is a full-time position with ministry responsibilities related to children, youth and their families. The DCYM ensures the day-to-day operations of the ministries run effectively in order to help Augusta UMC children, youth and their families know God’s love, grow in God’s love and show God’s love.
- Maintains a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Holds scriptural knowledge and United Methodist theology.
- Creates a Christ-like environment whereby children and youth are given an opportunity to know God’s love, grow in God’s love, and show God’s love with one another and the world around them.
- Coordinates with the Pastor to ensure the vision for the children’s and youth ministries align with the overall church’s vision.
- Nurtures warm, caring, authentic relationship with children, youth and adults. Must value and honor confidentiality and healthy boundaries.
- Oversees balanced programs that engage families where they are and encourages them to the next level in knowing, growing and showing God’s love.
- Communicates clearly and compassionately.
- Leads recruiting, training and celebrating children and youth ministry volunteers.
- Advises and works with staff and key volunteers to guarantee the quality of the ministries and the effective use of resources.
- Serves as a partner to parents/guardians and the community in nurturing children and youth to know, grow, and show God’s love in their lives within and beyond the church walls.
- Serves as a team member of the staff, enthusiastically supporting the efforts and direction of the church.
- Coordinates with the finance committee to develop and function within an annual budget.
- Maintains flexibility and possesses a teachable spirit with a willingness to learn, grow, assess, and adjust in order to be an effective minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ in Augusta, KS.
- Seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth through reading, trainings, and networking. Maintains an understanding of current trends in children’s and youth ministry.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is minimum requirement.
- Five to ten years of local church experience is desired.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, recent photo, pastoral reference, professional reference and personal reference to Pastor Steve Spencer at
Contact Phone: 316-775-1116