First UMC Arlington: Director of Finance
Date Posted: 1/19/2024
First UMC Arlington, Arlington, TX
Purpose: To oversee and manage all financial aspects for FUMC Arlington and Church Facilities Inc. while cultivating positive donor and staff relationships.
- Experience with bookkeeping for churches, including management of pledges, restricted funds, budgets, and endowments.
- Experience processing payroll and managing benefits.
- Experience monitoring cash needs and forming cash projections.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide financial information as needed to support the mission and ministry of the church.
- Ability to cultivate positive relationships with congregation and community members.
- Experience with Shelby Next is not required but preferred.
- processing all revenue, including all contributions, operating income, and designated receipts.
- supervising staff and volunteers as they receive, count, and deposit all church offerings.
- posting offerings weekly to individual contribution records and mailing statements as requested.
- processing disbursements of all expenditures.
- adhering to all internal policies and procedures as set forth by church officers and church council.
- processing payroll and paying related taxes in a timely fashion.
- filing of all payroll related quarterly and annual forms and reports.
- preparing reconciliations of all accounts.
- preparing all monthly and year-end closing entries.
- accounting oversight for all endowment and scholarship funds.
- overseeing all investments for both First United Methodist Church Inc. and Church Facilities Endowment Fund, Inc.
- working with departments in the development of the annual programming budgets and assisting in the achievement of their ministry through budget monitoring.
- managing the fiscal health of the Church by developing proper cash management procedures and cash flow projections.
- maintaining the general ledger of FUMC Arlington and all investments.
- tracking restricted funds and endowments.
- being the staff liaison for the Finance Committee attend meetings.
- coordinating the annual audit, as required.
- assisting with the annual stewardship campaign and other fund raising during the year.
- monitoring payment of annual connectional giving to the UMC.
- Assisting with updating procedures for accounting as needed.
- Assisting with special capital projects including capital campaign efforts
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Dr. Chris J. Hayes at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 817-274-2571