First UMC Allen: Church Administrator
Date Posted: 9/27/2021
First UMC Allen, Allen, TX
Provides overall leadership for the administrative responsibilities and volunteer management of First United Methodist Church of Allen.
- Primary supervisory responsibility for: Administrative Assistant; Membership Secretary; Finance Administrator; Director of Communications; Facilities Director; Custodial Staff; Volunteer Office Manager and other office volunteers.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of administrative personnel.
- Train and equip volunteers for ministry.
- Vendor selection and management including but not limited to lawn care, janitorial service, HVAC service, all copiers/printers, etc. He/She will negotiate and maintain all contracts for outside vendors unless otherwise delegated.
- Insure that the church complies with all legal standards regarding church employees. This includes health and pension matters.
- Provide management and supervision of church’s risk management policy making sure that the church is compliant with its standards and update annual.
- Provide guidance with matters of the church’s Trustee Committee
- Participate on and assist Sr. Pastor with church’s Administrative Council, Executive Committee and Stewardship Committee.
- Provide leadership for managing and engaging people in the ministries of the church by relating to Lay Leadership Committee, maximizing ACS potential, and annual placement of lay ministers from congregation.
- Provide leadership for conflict resolution and grievance procedures as outlined by the Staff Parish Committee.
- Oversee purchasing of office and custodial supplies and other items required by vendor contracts.
- Assist congregation with implementing strategic plan.
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to learn ACS
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point
- Knowledge of Employee Laws
- 3-5 years management experience
- College degree (Graduate degree preferred). Record of successful experiences can take the place of college degree.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Rev. Mary Beth Hardesty-Crouch at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-727-8261 Ext 121