Fellowship UMC: Director of Children's Ministry
Date Posted: 6/22/2022
Fellowship UMC, Trophy Club, TX
The Director of Children’s Ministry is the spiritual leader for all children’s ministries at Fellowship United Methodist Church. As such, the Director of Children’s Ministry should both embody and give leadership to the mission, vision and values of the church.
The ministry among children, ages birth through 5th grade, in this congregation, is a vital witness to faith and an integral component of ministry and worship to the life of this congregation. It is expected that a person who administers the children’s ministries will have faith in Christ, the desire to share the love of God through relational ministry with children and their families, the ability to teach the scriptures of the Old and New Testament, and a commitment to assure that children grow in their understanding of faith.
The position shall be considered a full-time position (32+ hours per week) salaried position and monetary compensation shall be in consideration for this time required to oversee the entire children’s ministries of the church, duties of which shall include but not limited to:
- Give direct oversight to and leadership for the children’s Sunday morning ministry
- Give direction oversight to and leadership for Vacation Bible School, midweek discipleship opportunities and special children’s ministry events
- Recruit teachers, shepherds or other servants for leading children in faith
- Resource all volunteer servants with the necessary curriculum for the ministry
- Train and equip the volunteer servants for their ministry
- Encourage volunteer servants in their ministry
- Facilitate any necessary administrative processes to accomplish the ministry
- Participate in weekly Ministry Team meetings
- Distribute, collect and process all necessary forms of volunteer servants for Ministry Safe
- Fulfill the tasks of Nursery Coordinator
- All other tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor and Business Manager
Regular office hours are expected, and shall be mutually determined between the Director of Children’s Ministries and the Senior Pastor. The Director of Children’s Ministry will report to both the Senior Pastor (immediate supervisor) and the Ministry Team, but will have full authority to enable ministry servants to carry out the mission and vision of Fellowship UMC.
How to Apply
Email a resume to Rev. Bill Eason at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 817-430-1500