Denton Wesley Foundation: Director of Campus Ministry
Date Posted: 10/22/2020
Denton Wesley Foundation, Denton, TX
Position: Director and Campus Minister at the Denton Wesley Foundation in Denton, Texas.
Located on the campus of the University of North Texas the ministry serves the students of the University of North Texas (UNT), Texas Woman’s University (TWU) and North Central Texas College (NCTC).
The position is appointed and supported by the North Texas Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church and is a registered non-profit organization in Texas. Campus Ministries in the North Texas Conference seek to engage diverse students and develop principled Christian leaders for Christ, their respective campuses and the world.
Denton’s unique culture provides opportunities for intellectual and spiritual faith formation, social justice education and empowerment, music and arts engagement, as well as, compassion, care and outreach ministries.
Facilitate ministry with college students (specifically 18-22 year-old undergraduate students):
- Providing student Discipleship in large groups, small groups and one-on-one settings and engaging in United Methodist Wesleyan Formation in-person and virtually.
- Leading and cultivating leadership for study, social justice, outreach and worship
- Participating in on-campus events UNT, TWU and NCTC
- Mentoring and training student leaders for ministry leadership
- Organizing service opportunities for students locally, regionally, and/or globally
Administrate the Denton Wesley Foundation:
- Managing the Denton Wesley Foundation ministry, finances and property
- Supervising staff and student leadership
- Facilitate online communications
- Connecting with area churches, organizations and individuals to raise awareness and support for the ministry
- Connecting with North Texas Conference leadership through the Center for Leadership Development
- Board of Directors engagement to assist especially with governance and fundraising
- United Methodist
- Master of Divinity or Master of Theology Degree preferred
- Professional Ministry experience
- Management experience with staff and budget oversight
- Demonstrated self-starter & excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply
North Texas Clergy contact your District Superintendent to share your intention to apply.
Email a cover letter and resume to Rev Cammy Gaston, Director of The Center for Leadership Development, at
Contact Phone: 972-526-5036