Davidson UMC: Director of Youth Ministries
Date Posted: 3/6/2020
Davidson UMC, Davidson, NC
Davidson United Methodist Church in Davidson, N.C., is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. Serving as the spiritual leader and a role model for students in 6th-12th grades, this individual will help develop a comprehensive approach to understanding and experiencing one’s faith that makes sense to adolescents.
Additionally, the Director serves as the primary point person for the Wesley College Ministry at Davidson College and all college-aged young adults connected with the church. Joined by a team of supportive stakeholders, the Director is hoped to lead with enthusiasm, consistency and clear direction.
The position reports to the Pastor/Director of Faith Formation.
- Be an advocate for youth, educating various stakeholder groups and serving as a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people and resources.
- Plan, develop and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach.
- Guide the work of the Youth Council in an annual process of evaluating the vision and goals of the youth ministry and directing monthly planning sessions.
- Oversee and maintain administrative pieces of the ministry (attendance, budget, etc.)
- Recruit and train volunteers and ensure all leaders are knowledgeable of and uphold Safe Sanctuary policies.
- Communicate in a timely manner, utilizing multiple mediums that effectively reach the diverse set of intended audiences.
- Lead outreach and provide support for college students; also serve as the staff liaison for the College Ministry Council and their work at Davidson College.
- College degree required; Masters degree preferred
- Professional Certification in Youth Ministry in the United Methodist Church desired
- 3-5 years experience working with youth, in a church-based setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and various social media platforms
- Satisfactory completion of background check
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team
For additional details, please click here
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Renee Wilson at
Contact Phone: 877-462-5718