Dallas Bethlehem Center: Executive Administrator
Date Posted: 10/17/2019
Dallas Bethlehem Center, Dallas, TX
The Executive Administrator is critical to the mission and successful operations of Dallas Bethlehem Center. This role provides essential support, including administrative, project management and clerical functions, to facilitate the Executive Director’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
The Executive Administrator serves as an extension of the Executive Director, acting as their “voice” and partner in achieving the organization’s goals. This individual is a highly organized self-starter who is attuned to the needs, strengths and weaknesses of the Executive Director and exercises judgment in determining priorities accordingly.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Strategically manage the calendar of the Executive Director, adjusting as needed in response to shifting priorities. Serve as “gatekeeper,” ensuring Executive Director’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Schedule and occasionally conduct appointments and meetings. Ensure smooth and timely transitions between meetings during the day.
- Work closely and effectively with Executive Director to keep her/him well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Compose and prepare correspondence for Executive Director upon request. Monitor and filter Executive Director’s email inbox, drafting responses to routine emails.
- Serve as a project manager for occasional administrative/organization-wide projects. Manage project timelines and deadlines, handle matters proactively, prioritize conflicting needs and follow-through to successful completion. With the support of the Executive Director, help assign and manage workflow of all involved parties, which may include staff, program partners or board members.
- Perform accounts payable processing and other basic accounting functions to include: deposits, reconciling invoices, developing and maintaining files, entering transactions into accounting software and donor management database.
- Work with program staff and partners to collect data, such as program updates and outcomes, and create dashboards that present information in a concise and clear format.
- Assist with updating and maintaining DBC website and social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter).
- Greet visitors, answer phones, screen calls and direct callers to appropriate resource.
- Maintain office supplies, files and records. Create and maintain systems to ensure an organized office environment. Create, process and print letters from development database. General office duties, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and priority setting skills
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent organizational skills and follow through on projects.
- Must have the ability to prioritize assignments and provide daily feedback to management.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Able to independently and consistently prepare correspondence and documents with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, an enthusiastic team player; maintains a high level of personal drive and initiative
- Must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and telephone communication abilities to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment is highly desirable.
- Must treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Donor database software knowledge preferred.
- Prior experience working in a nonprofit organization preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum three years clerical/administrative experience and/or training.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Sharon Spratt, Human Resources Leader, at
Contact Phone: 972-768-4777