Custer Road UMC: Summer Lunch Program Assistant
Date Posted: 2/23/2021
Custer Road UMC, Plano, TX
The Summer Lunch Program (SLP) Assistant at Custer Road United Methodist Church shall be a person of genuine and deepening Christian character, willing to grow as a loyal participant of a ministry team, able to work and communicate well with the SLP Coordinator, volunteers and participants in the SLP.
The purpose of the Summer Lunch Program Assistant is to assist the Summer Lunch Program Coordinator.
Hours/schedule: The SLP Assistant position will be governed by Custer Road UMC’s Human Resource Policy and Procedures, and is a part-time, non-exempt position. This person works approximately 20 hours per week (Monday-Friday, approximately 10 a.m.-2 p.m., May 28-Aug. 8). Training and preliminary duties may be required in April and/or May.
Staff Supervision: Reports to SLP Coordinator and Director of Missions.
- Co-lead daily training sessions as needed for volunteers at Summer Lunch Program site
- Communicate volunteers’ responsibilities to them
- Load coolers daily with ice, lunches, milk, bottled water and ice pops
- Load trailer, ride to lunch site, occasionally drive
- Assist with site set-up daily
- Serve as a leader at the site, instruct volunteers
- Clean-up site daily
- Return with truck/trailer to CRUMC, unload coolers, restock for next day
- Assist summary and documentation of the program
- Interact with children and families being served by program
- Offer the children and families being served a transparent look at their walk with Christ, including but not limited to praying before mealtime, inviting children and families to attend Custer Road events, etc.
- Serve as Site Leader in SLP Coordinator’s absence
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a positive attitude and a spirit of grace and patience while working with staff, church members, volunteers and SLP participants.
- Must be comfortable sharing their faith with staff, church members, volunteers and SLP participants, with the goal being to invite all into a relationship with Christ
- Must be computer literate
- Must be at least 18 years old (21+ years of age preferred)
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License, be able/willing to learn to drive a truck/pull a trailer
- Must have strong, positive communication skills
- Must own a cell phone and have texting capability
How to Apply
Submit cover letter, resume and three professional references via email to Stephanie Mills, Director of Missions, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-618-3450, ext. 239