Custer Road UMC: Student Ministry College Summer Staff
Date Posted: 4/8/2022
Custer Road UMC, Plano, TX
The Student Ministry Summer Support Staff at Custer Road United Methodist Church (CRUMC) shall be a person of genuine and deepening Christian character, willing to grow as a loyal participant of a ministry team, able to work, communicate well, and cultivate trust with children, youth, parents and other CRUMC Staff members.
PURPOSE: The position of Student Ministry Summer Support Staff exists for the mutual benefit of CRUMC and the Staff member. This person is one who can offer their own set of skills, knowledge, interests and passions to support and enhance the Student Ministry at CRUMC. In turn, the Staff member receives the opportunity to learn and practice in a safe environment as they continue to discern their call to ministry.
HOURS: The Student Ministry Summer Support Staff position will be governed by Custer Road UMC’s Employee Handbook and is a position classified under the ministerial exemption. It will require up to 40 hours per week, including Sundays. In addition, some travel and overnight youth trips are required. Employment is 10 weeks starting in late May and ending the first week of August.
STAFF SUPERVISION: Reports to Director of Youth Ministry.
In conformity with CRUMC’s policies and procedures, as well as those contained in the United Methodist Book of Discipline, the position responsibilities will include those generally described below, but may not be limited to the following:
- Assist with planning and implementing weekly summer programming and mission trips.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events and Youth Week.
- Take a leadership role in the planning and teaching of Middle School Sunday school classes.
- Assist with some administrative tasks.
- Attend Sunday morning worship services.
- Take opportunities to be in contact with current ministry students.
- Take opportunities for personal faith growth.
- Meet weekly with Director of Student Ministry for performance evaluation, mentoring and reflection.
- Meet twice/month with Associate Minister of Intern Development
- Must be a person of deep personal Christian faith and integrity.
- Must possess a sense of calling to ministry/mentoring/education and desire a place to follow and process that calling.
- Must demonstrate appropriate boundaries in life, relationships and ministry.
- Must live out the Gospel, not seeking perfection but embracing transparency and grace.
- Willing to develop mentoring relationships with a variety of students.
- Ability to teach and lead discussions in a classroom setting.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion in all communications.
How to Apply
Fill out an application at https://crumc.wufoo.com/forms/z1xljwbc0seoh2f/
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-342-1542