Custer Road UMC: Special Needs Caregiver
Date Posted: 10/14/2022
Custer Road UMC, Plano, TX
The Special Needs Caregiver at Custer Road United Methodist Church (CRUMC) shall be a person of genuine and deepening Christian character, willing to grow as a loyal participant of a ministry team, able to work, communicate well, and cultivate trust with children, parents and other staff members.
Purpose: The purpose of the Special Needs Caregiver is to offer care to individuals with special needs while their parents attend worship at CRUMC on Sunday mornings.
Hours: Applicants must be available from 8:15 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Sundays.
Staff Supervision: Reports to the Director of Special Needs Ministries.
In conformity with CRUMC’s policies and procedures, as well as those contained in the United Methodist Book of Discipline, the position responsibilities will include those generally described below, but may not be limited to the following:
- Caring for individuals with varying special needs in the Sensory Room while their parents attend worship services at CRUMC on Sunday mornings.
- Must be a person of deep integrity and conviction.
- Must be a dependable person.
- Must have experience with individuals with special needs.
- Must be able to take direction on how to best care for unique individuals.
- Fluent in English, both in written and spoken form.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a compassionate heart and willingness to offer grace in varied situations.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion in all communications.
- Outgoing and engaging demeanor.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-618-0583