Custer Road UMC: Hospitality and Connections Coordinator
Date Posted: 7/22/2022
Custer Road UMC, Plano, TX
The HOSPITALITY AND CONNECTIONS COORDINATOR at Custer Road UMC (CRUMC) shall be a person of genuine and deepening Christian character, willing to grow as a loyal participant of a ministry team, able to work, communicate well, and cultivate trust with children, parents and other staff members.
The purpose of the HOSPITALITY AND CONNECTIONS COORDINATOR is to provide leadership and management support in welcoming first-time guests, engaging prospects to membership, connecting infrequent and/or non-engaged church members back to church, and fostering a culture of hospitality.
The HOSPITALITY AND CONNECTIONS COORDINATOR position will be governed by CRUMC’s Employee Handbook and is a non-exempt part-time position. The expected time commitment for this position will be 20 hours per week. Additional hours may be needed from time to time. This position will be expected to work on Sunday.
Staff Supervision: Reports to Executive Minister-Ministries & Programs
In conformity with CRUMC’s policies and procedures, as well as those contained in the United Methodist Book of Discipline, the position responsibilities will include those generally described below, but may not be limited to the following:
- Develop new endeavors to connect with first-time guests, such as electronic, online, or onsite opportunities.
- Develop first-time guest follow up.
- Coordinate new and prospective member follow-up and assimilation.
- Coordinate membership class 3 to 4 times a year and coordinate introduction of new members.
- Develop and oversee a plan for creating a culture of hospitality among Staff and church members.
- Cultivate a pleasing atmosphere for visitors and church members by developing a culture of hospitality and overseeing our hospitality ministry. This would include recruitment, training, scheduling and oversight of ushers, greeters, connectors, and the Welcome Center on Sundays and for special services and/or events.
- Process and oversee worship attendance to keep track of current members and guests.
- Examine changes in attendance patterns for members and reach out to them in an effort to reconnect them to the life of the church.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date records and contact information.
- Work with volunteer calling teams to contact and follow up with guests and new members to ensure they are assimilated, connected, and involved in the life of the church.
- Assure parking team members are in place for worship and any special service or event.
- Develop an annual budget for all items related to Hospitality and Connections Ministry.
- Provide leadership and supervision to Connections Assistant.
- Bachelor’s degree or previous equivalent experience preferred.
- Passion for people and ability to be empathetic and compassionate.
- Experience in coordinating and leading Staff/volunteers.
- Gifted in leadership and administrative management.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with multiple project leaders.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be a person of deep personal Christian faith and integrity.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion in all communication
- Basic knowledge of Spanish, both in written and spoken form, is a plus.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Business Administrator Anne Neeley at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-618-3450