Custer Road UMC: Finance Associate
Date Posted: 9/18/2020
Custer Road UMC, Plano, TX
The purpose of the Finance Associate is to work with the Finance Team of Custer Road United Methodist Church in ensuring that appropriate and accurate accounting records are maintained in regards to accounts payable in accordance with financial policies and procedures, ensuring the confidentiality of records and communicating effectively with the Staff.
This position is a full-time exempt position and will be governed by CRUMC’s Human Resource Policies and Procedures. The expected time commitment will be 40 hours a week. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Staff Supervision: Reports to the Director of Finance.
- Maintain and process all Accounts Payables including the maintenance of proper documentation for record keeping purposes
- Ensure all expenses are properly accounted for in the correct account
- Account Reconciliations and Journal Entries
- Assist with various aspects of the annual operating budget process for the church
- Assist the Stewardship Committee in raising funds to meet the operating budget of the church
- Assist in preparation for annual financial audit
- Assist in “Check Out Day” reporting to the North Texas Conference of the UMC
- Attend and participate in Staff and appropriate committee meetings as required
- Work closely with, support and serve as a resource to the Director of Finance
- Assist Director of Finance in special projects
- A Christ follower
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least two years of experience in accounting; church experience is a plus.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle conflict with grace
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Director of Finance Teresa Stroup at
Contact Phone: 972-618-3450