Custer Road UMC: Digital Content Manager
Date Posted: 9/15/2020
Custer Road UMC, Plano, TX
The Digital Content Manager will primarily oversee digital online platforms for Custer Road United Methodist Church, and will also work as a member of the Communications Team, telling the story of how God is at work in our midst. This person will be key to helping reinforce our mission of helping people know the love of Jesus, and be consistent with our branding voice and guidelines.
This position is a full-time non-exempt position and is governed by CRUMC’s Human Resource Policies and Procedures. The expected time commitment will be 40 hours a week, and may include some evenings and/or Sunday mornings. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Staff Supervision: Reports to the Director of Communications.
- Leading the church’s social media presence. This will include creating engaging and shareable content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, as well as working with ministry stakeholders on their individual platforms to ensure they are conforming to our communications standards and developing/clarifying such standards if they do not exist.
- Creating a weekly eNews communication to the congregation, based on content received through our project management system from other Staff members.
- Updating content on the church’s website and app.
- Editing and disseminating video media to digital platforms.
- External marketing. This would include making ad purchases, negotiating rates, creating press releases to send to local media and working with the rest of the Communications team to create content for said marketing (such as mailers, Facebook ads, videos, etc.).
- A Christ follower
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail and organization
- Graphic design and layout ability
- Expert at social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and WordPress
- Basic knowledge of video editing
- College degree in Graphic Design, Marketing or Communications
- Photography skills
- Advanced video creating and editing experience
- Motion graphics / Animation / After Effects experience
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to Director of Communications Rob Webster at
Contact Phone: 972-618-3450