Custer Road UMC: Database Manager
Date Posted: 9/29/2020
Custer Road UMC, Plano, TX
The purpose of the Database Manager is to support the needs of the entire Custer Road United Methodist Church Staff with regards to database management, custom reporting, online registrations, online attendance and Children's check-in.
Hours: This position is a part-time non-exempt position and will be governed by CRUMC’s Human Resource Policies and Procedures. The expected time commitment will be 20 hours a week. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Staff Supervision: Reports to the Executive Director of Operations and CFO.
In conformity with CRUMC’s policies and procedures as well as those contained in the United Methodist Book of Discipline, the position responsibilities will include those generally described below, but may not be limited to the following:
- Understand and maintain the church database management system (Arena) with regards to record setup, software updates, security, Children's electronic check in, online member portal access for small group attendance, clean up of data, set up and running of reports, and maintenance of proper documentation for record keeping purposes.
- Work with software vendors to provide support and custom reporting within Arena.
- Understand and setup online registrations through Wufoo.
- Support all Staff with Arena and Wufoo requests.
- Use Excel and Word to perform mail merges into letters, labels and envelopes.
- Audit and prepare membership numbers for Check Out Day and Charge Conference reporting to the North Texas UMC conference.
- Attend and participate in Staff and appropriate committee meetings as required.
- Work closely with, support and serve as a resource to the Executive Director of Operations and CFO.
- A Christ follower
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Church experience with any church database management system, especially Arena, a plus.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables
- Quick learner / self-taught
- Problem solver / ability to troubleshoot and think outside the box
- Takes initiative
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle conflict with grace
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Kendra Trautman at
Contact Phone: 972-618-3450