Custer Road UMC: Custodian
Date Posted: 11/7/2018
Custer Road UMC, Plano, TX
The Custodian at Custer Road United Methodist Church shall be a person of genuine and deepening Christian character, willing to grow as a loyal participant of a ministry team, able to work and communicate well and cultivate trust with other people in a growing congregation.
Purpose: To provide effective maintenance and housekeeping service to all facilities utilizing good stewardship of time, resources and money while sharing in the basic functions of ministry and teamwork allowing Custer Road to fulfill its mission.
Hours: The Custodian position will be governed by Custer Road UMC’s Human Resource Policy and Procedures, and is a part-time position. This person may work up to 20 hours a week, including Sunday mornings.
Staff Supervision: Reports to Director of Facilities.
- Performing all maintenance and housekeeping assignments
- The cleaning of spaces
- Emptying of trash receptacles
- Replacement of rest-room paper products
- Sweeping, mopping and dusting
- Stripping and re-waxing floors
- Sweeping walks and parking areas
- Carpet cleaning
- Replacing light bulbs
- Cleaning windows
- Maintaining equipment used
- Maintaining orderliness and safety of all storage areas
- Performing setups of rooms
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have knowledge and experience in housekeeping standards
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must have a positive attitude and a spirit of grace and patience while working with staff, church members and/or volunteers
- Must maintain good personal appearance and cleanliness
- Must develop proficiency in using standards of maintenance and housekeeping
How to Apply
Visit https://www.crumc.org/resources/employment-opportunities/ to submit an application