Custer Road UMC: Community Engagement and Spanish Ministry Coordinator
Date Posted: 1/28/2021
Custer Road UMC, Plano, TX
The purpose of the Community Engagement and Spanish Ministry Coordinator is to share the ministries of Custer Road United Methodist Church (CRUMC) with surrounding communities through building relationships and being the liaison for the Spanish-speaking community. This position will expand CRUMC services to help our n eighborhood communities to know the love of Jesus through strategies and plans which leverage the five Pillars and Vision of CRUMC.
Hours: This position is a full-time non-exempt position including benefits and will be governed by CRUMC’s Employee Handbook. The expected time commitment will be 40 hours a week, including Sundays. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Staff Supervision: Reports to the Executive Minister.
In conformity with CRUMC’s policies and procedures as well as those contained in the United Methodist Book of Discipline, the position responsibilities will include those generally described below, but may not be limited to the following:
- Conduct an effective program of introducing and expanding relationships and opportunities to serve our local community. Set goals, equip laity to participate in outreach efforts and monitor progress within the community.
- Execute the vision, strategy, steps, resources and measures needed to expand current community relationships – both in terms of families reached, opportunities to serve and programs provided.
- Develop a team of people who feel a sense of calling in the ministry of community engagement and have a desire to welcome and embrace new cultures, families and approaches to serving our surrounding community.
- Participate in local community events, school programs, mission outreach and other rituals of transition in the life of the community.
- Be the liaison with the ESL Program and other community partners.
- Support mission programs and encourage relational culture.
- Educate the congregation to be visitor-sensitive in welcoming new cultures and families into their Christian outreach.
- Develop an annual budget for all items related to community connections (advertising, brochures, etc.).
- Enhance CRUMC’s current Benevolence Ministry and application process.
- Provide administrative support, develop a lay team for assisting applicants, and be the liaison between CRUMC’s Benevolence Ministry, lay team and applicants.
- Provide administrative support, communicate with the Spanish-speaking community on a regular basis, coordinate activities for the Spanish ministry and assist the Spanish ministry pastor with other duties.
- A Christ follower
- Fluent in Spanish and English, both in written and spoken form
- High level organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects congruently
- Excellent verbal, written, digital and social media communication skills
- Administrative experience and proficiencies in Microsoft Office and Google Office Suite
- Passion for people and ability to be empathetic and compassionate
- Ability to handle conflict with grace
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Rev. Dr. David Rangel at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-618-3450