Custer Road UMC: Christian Day School Teacher
Date Posted: 8/3/2023
Custer Road UMC, Plano, TX
A teacher at the Custer Road Christian Day School (CRCDS) located at Custer Road United Methodist Church (CRUMC) shall be a person of genuine and deepening Christian character, willing to grow as a loyal participant of a teaching team, able to work and communicate well and cultivate trust with other teachers, administrators and CRCDS families.
Purpose: The purpose of a CRCDS Teacher is to provide a warm, nurturing, safe and loving environment based on the theological beliefs and standards of CRUMC while adhering to the Texas Minimum Standards for Childcare Centers.
Hours: This position will be governed by CRUMC’s Employee Handbook and is a part-time position classified under the ministerial exception. Teachers will work from 8:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. and will be paid for 5.75 hours each day worked. Teachers follow a nine-month school year schedule. Staff members are required to attend a monthly staff meeting, a monthly team meeting and other called events throughout the school year.
Staff Supervision: Reports directly to the CRCDS Director.
conformity with CRUMC’s Employee Handbook and Texas Minimum Standards for Childcare Centers a CRCDS Teacher will be responsible for:
- Planning lessons in accordance with Texas Pre-K Essential Knowledge and Skills and CRCDS Scope and Sequence.
- Using established resources and learning stations to provide an environment that recognizes the individual needs of students.
- Collaborating with age-level team members to ensure a consistent learning experience throughout each age level.
- Leading Sacred Circle time within their classroom
- Including weekly Chapel time learning into the daily classroom lessons and activities
- Leading prayers before meals
- Establishing and enforcing classroom rules of behavior.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with families.
- Assessing and recording student progress.
- Maintaining a neat and tidy classroom.
- A Christ follower
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years of teaching experience
- CDA or Associates Degree (CDO teachers)
- Bachelors Degree + (Pre-K and Kindergarten teachers)
- Candidates must meet all TDFPS requirements and must pass the appropriate background checks
- Must be able to lift/carry 40+ pounds
- General computer proficiency.
CRCDS offers a tuition reduction for CRCDS staff that have children who attend the school.
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume and three professional references to Heather Hammer, Director, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-491-0510