Custer Road UMC: Adult Discipleship Coordinator
Date Posted: 6/11/2021
Custer Road UMC, Plano, TX
The Adult Discipleship Coordinator at Custer Road United Methodist Church shall be a person of genuine and deepening Christian character, willing to grow as a loyal participant of a ministry team, able to work and communicate well and cultivate trust with other people in a growing congregation.
The purpose of the Adult Discipleship Coordinator is to offer administrative and ministry support for Adult Discipleship ministries to ensure efficient operations, effective communications and ministerial assistance. This position will expand CRUMC’s services to capture discipleship opportunities onsite, online and offsite through strategies and plans which leverage the five Pillars and Vision of CRUMC.
This position is a part-time non-exempt position including benefits and will be governed by CRUMC’s Employee Handbook. The expected time commitment will be 20-25 hours a week, including Sundays. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Reports to the Associate Minister of Adult Discipleship.
In conformity with CRUMC’s policies and procedures as well as those contained in the United Methodist Book of Discipline, the position responsibilities will include those generally described below, but may not be limited to the following:
- Coordinate the logistics of Adult Discipleship ministries and meetings including Sunday School classes and Bible Studies by scheduling rooms, sending out forms, assisting with technology and other duties as assigned
- Manage curriculum resources including organizing and keeping up with the library, Amplify Media, RightNow Media, placing orders for resources, helping lay leaders with available resources and acquiring new resources
- Manage database systems including Arena and Wufoo and keep a thorough record of attendance and other types of data
- Communicate via a monthly Adult Discipleship newsletter and other means of communications;
- Provide assistance to the Associate Minister of Adult Discipleship, including weekly communications, social media communications, and other emails/phone calls/texts
- Assist with executing the vision, strategy, steps, resources and measures needed to expand the current Adult Discipleship ministries
- Support volunteer training, volunteer acquisition and volunteer retention
- Provide administrative support for any other needs in the Adult Discipleship department
- A Christ follower
- Fluent in English, both in written and spoken form
- High level organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects congruently
- Administrative experience and proficiencies in Microsoft Office and Google Office Suite
- Detail-oriented and thorough follow-up skills
- Passion for people and ability to be empathetic and compassionate
- Excellent verbal, written, digital, and social media communication skills
- Ability to utilize available technology and teach others to use it
- Onsite presence required on Sundays
- Ability to handle conflict with grace
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Rev. Danielle Kim at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-618-3450