Creekwood UMC: Summer Youth Interns
Date Posted: 12/18/2019
Creekwood UMC, Allen, TX
Creekwood United Methodist Church is searching for 2 summer youth interns to work under the direction of the Director of Student Ministries and the Director of Middle School Ministries. Creekwood Student Ministries (CSM) supports 5th-12th grade students and their families.
As an official part of the CSM staff, the Creekwood summer interns are selected with an application process and are subject to background checks and other mandatory training as part of the church staff. Our summer interns are engaged in full-time ministry and should consult the Director of Student Ministries before accepting other part-time work or classes during the summer.
Duration: May 26-Aug. 2, 2020
Educational requirement: Interns must have completed at least one full year at college; two is preferred. Both interns must be 19 years or older.
- 3 office days on non-travel weeks
- Lead Sunday school classes with a volunteer
- Attend worship with students weekly
- Weekly evening Bible study (help prepare curriculum with youth staff, lead small group discussions)
- Fellowship activities (i.e., Whataburger Wednesday)
- Social media management
- Preparation for trips and activities (making copies, sorting tools, loading vans…)
- Other tasks as needed
Travel (responsibilities to be split between interns)
- VBS weekday camp (June 8-12)
- Bridgeport Junior High Summer Camp (June 14-19)
- High School Mission Trip (June 22-26)
- Bridgeport High School Summer Camp (June 28-July 3)*
- BigStuf Beach Trip (July 12-16)*
- Bridgeport Children’s Summer Camp (July 19-25)
- Middle School Mission Trip (July 26-30)
*Intern(s) must be 22 years or older to chaperone high school camps.
Deadline to apply: Jan. 31
How to Apply
Download and fill out the application found at http://creekwoodumc.org/ministries/creekwood-student-ministry/summer-intern-application/ and submit it and a resume to Katrina Culberson Smith, Director of Student Ministries, at
Contact Phone: 214-544-8050