Creekwood UMC: Summer Family Ministry Interns
Date Posted: 4/9/2021
Creekwood UMC, Allen, TX
Creekwood United Methodist Church is searching for two summer interns to work under the direction of the Family Ministry staff Creekwood Family Ministries encompasses children and student ministries. Summer interns will primarily serve with student ministries (5th-12th grade) while still interacting with younger students and families for special events.
As an official part of the Creekwood Family Ministries staff, the Creekwood Summer Interns are selected with an application process and are subject to background checks and other mandatory training as part of the church staff. Our summer interns are engaged in full-time ministry and should consult the Pastor of Student and Family Ministries before accepting other part-time work or classes during the summer.
Duration: May 24 - Aug. 5
Educational requirement: Interns must have completed at least one full year at college (two is preferred). The Middle School Intern must be 19 years or older.
- 3 office days
- Lead Sunday school classes in your ministry area with a volunteer
- Attend worship with students weekly
- Weekly Bible study (help prepare curriculum with student ministry staff, lead small group discussions, other tasks as needed)
- Fellowship activities (fishing, biking & day outings)
- Social media management
- Preparation for activities (making copies, prepping equipment & set-up)
- Virtual Vacation Bible School with in-person components (June 14-18)
- Family Movie Nights (June 9, July 7, August 4)
- Bridgeport Camp Activities @ Creekwood (June 28, July 12)
How to Apply
Email an application and resume to Rev. Katrina Culberson Smith, Pastor of Student and Family Ministries by April 30 at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-544-8050