Creekwood UMC: Praise Team Leader
Date Posted: 10/6/2023
Creekwood UMC, Allen, TX
Position: Director of Contemporary Worship
Employment Status: Part-time (15 hrs./week)
- Lead, schedule and organize the contemporary worship band.
- Oversee and lead all paid musicians in worship band.
- Administrate payroll for all paid musicians.
- Create an engaging culture of celebration in the contemporary worshipping community.
- Create experiences and moments within worship that help persons encounter God.
- Engage and inspire musically inclined persons to utilize their gifts to lead others in worship.
- Connect with the congregation via social media, conversation, or otherwise to build relationships and assess needs/passions of congregation with regards to worship.
- Communicate regularly with Senior Pastor, Director of Communications, media volunteers and band to ensure cohesion and relevance.
- Work as part of the Worship Team to ensure excellence.
- Serve as a pastoral presence to the praise team.
- Develop opportunities for gifted church members who are not on the praise team to utilize musical gifts on occasion.
- Work with Director of Student Worship to give Student Praise Band opportunities to mesh with Praise Band or lead in place of.
Special Worship Services:
- Organize the praise team to support all-church functions and special opportunities of worship.
- Work alongside Traditional Worship musicians to cross-utilize musical talent across the church.
How to Apply
Send a resume and video samples of worship/music leadership to Pastor David Lessner at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-544-8050