Creekwood UMC: Operations Manager
Date Posted: 10/27/2023
Creekwood UMC, Allen, TX
Direct Report: Senior Pastor
Supervisor of: Office Manager/Volunteers, Custodial Staff
Employment Status: Full-Time
Primary Areas of Leadership:
- Building and Property
- Information Technology
- Church Finances
- Office Management
Building and Property
- Oversee building and property maintenance, usage, and growth plans.
- Resource and help facilitate the Leadership Board alongside Senior Pastor.
- Oversee office infrastructure including the inventory and acquisition of necessary supplies.
- Oversee a team of volunteer maintenance workers for small projects and necessary building set-up/rearranging for ministry functions. Ensure operations of the campus are fully functional.
- Work with outside vendors for non-volunteer maintenance and repair.
- Oversee custodial staff. Ensure cleanliness of property and facilities.
- Oversee office manager and/or volunteers.
- Work with Director of Communications to ensure all property and buildings are decorated and outfitted in ways that communicate church’s mission, vision, and values.
- Work with Director of Communications to provide any and all technology needs for ministry success.
- Serve as the main point of contact for outside groups seeking to use the building.
- Oversee opening and closing of facilities.
- Serve as the primary “on call” contact for alarm system and emergency.
- Network/Microsoft Teams management
- Ensure Data security
- Hardware/software integration, updating, and licensing.
- Effective utilization of Shelby NEXT, or equivalent, cloud database system.
- Oversee counting and input of weekly offerings. Ensure proper allocation of given funds.
- Oversee preparation and delivery of weekly bank deposit.
- Be the main point of contact with outsourced accounting firm and ensure timely and accurate exchange of needed financial information for both parties. Ensure staff and lay volunteers follow proper accounting procedures.
- Ensure platform technology for online giving and ACH transactions is up to date, functional, integrated with outsourced accounting firm.
- Lead Staff and Finance Team in annually determining the appropriate allocation of funds in line with the mission and vision of Creekwood.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Pastor David Lessner at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-544-8050