Creekwood UMC: Director of Pre-K Ministries
Date Posted: 9/23/2020
Creekwood UMC, Allen, TX
The person selected for the Director of Preschool Ministries position must have 120 working days experience providing direct child care as a child care worker or volunteer in a licensed day care center, kindergarten or early childhood program approved by the Texas Health and Human Services, or be certified as a preschool teacher or show evidence of meeting the qualifications for such certification. (We need some kind of qualifications listed. A preference will be given to those candidates with a degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Elementary Education or a degree related to the field of early childhood education.
This position is on average 18 hours per week. Some of the hours are set teaching times and some of the hours are flexible.
Salary is $15,000, dependent upon training and experience.
- Create a culture that encourages, guides and inspires children ages birth to pre-kindergarten towards a relationship with Jesus Christ and others.
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry on curriculum and missions designed to educate Preschoolers about the basics of Christian belief, scriptural stories and Christian living.
- Design transformational opportunities on a weekly and occasional basis to inspire children towards a relationship with Jesus.
- Establish meaningful relationships with children and their families.
- Communicate effectively with parents and appropriate church staff.
- Attend staff meeting once a month and Children’s Council meetings bi-monthly.
- Provide information weekly to the Children’s Director inclusion in the newsletter.
- Submit a background check, participate in Ministry Safe training and have current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red cross (ARC) CPR/First Aid certification for infants and children or be willing to complete a course.
- Assess the number of paid childcare workers needed to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment for all children within the ministry.
- Hire, train and supervise childcare workers.
- Assess and enforce childcare policy and procedure in the Preschool department including health, safety, and security; modifying and updating as needs change.
- Manage Sunday morning Childcare and Preschool, weekday Childcare and other Childcare needs throughout the year such as seminars, Christmas Eve, Vacation Bible School, etc.
- Supervise and manage classes, ages infant to Pre-K.
- Supervise, manage, and mentor Childcare Staff and volunteers.
- Prepare children for transitioning from the Preschool Ministries Program to the Children’s Ministries Program.
- Conduct an annual performance evaluation of individuals serving on staff, and be evaluated annually by The Director of Children’s Ministries.
In addition to the qualifications listed above, the Preschool Ministries Director must be:
- One who has a genuine love for young children.
- One who can plan and conduct preschool ministry programs.
- One who can provide a loving and caring environment for preschool children.
- One who has strong Christian values and morals.
- One who has good management and interpersonal skills: interacting well with children, parents, church staff, board members, and church members.
- One who has good organizational and communication skills, both oral and written.
- One who understands and is able to implement health and safety guidelines and best practices of Early Childhood Education.
How to Apply
Send resumes and inquiries to Allison Hicks, Director of Children's Ministries, at
Contact Phone: 214-544-8050