Christ UMC Plano: Nursery Coordinator
Date Posted: 3/7/2023
Christ UMC Plano, Plano, TX
Christ United's Children's Ministry provides a comprehensive program for infants through fifth-grade students and their families. The nursery coordinator is responsible for hiring, training and scheduling nursery workers for Sunday mornings, weekly childcare and all other events needing childcare. The nursery coordinator is also responsible for the maintenance of the nursery and implementing Sunday morning programming for infants through age 2 years.
- Maintain a positive and welcoming environment for all nursery children and their families.
- Maintain a positive and welcoming environment and encourage personal and spiritual growth among the nursery/childcare staff.
- Implement Sunday morning nursery programming for infants through 2 years old.
- Implement weekday and some weeknight childcare programming as needed.
- Schedule nursery/childcare staff, and prepare payroll and billing as necessary for a successful nursery and childcare program.
- Be present on Sunday mornings.
- Be available to greet families and visitors and assist with check-in.
- Ensure all nursery rooms are adequately staffed following appropriate ratios and, if necessary, direct the reorganization of workers and/or children to meet this need.
- Maintain the nursery rooms ensuring each room is well stocked with needed supplies and that toys, linens, etc. are appropriately cleaned.
- Coordinate Kids’ Night Out, including hiring and scheduling program staff for children infant through 5th grade, stocking room with necessary supplies, and maintaining medical release forms.
- Maintain and track attendance for all nursery and childcare programming.
- Notify the Director of Children’s Ministries of any visitors and send out the welcome letter within a week of the initial visit.
- Make contact with all visitors by phone within a week following their visit.
How to Apply
Email resume to Kim Hill, Executive Director, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-533-1136