Christ UMC Plano: Hospitality and Events Director
Date Posted: 10/26/2022
Christ UMC Plano, Plano, TX
As the Hospitality and Events Director, you will have the chance to work with staff and volunteers to help create meaningful and fun events for the our church community and the surrounding area. You will have the chance to lead a variety of events and be an integral part of creating a warm, hospitable environment for guests and members alike. We are looking for someone that can dream big and be creative, but also manage volunteers, budgets and supplies.
The ideal candidate is a people person, capable of speaking to a large group of gathered volunteers as well as more personal one-on-one interaction and everything in between.
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Sunday Morning Duties as Assigned
- Occasional Saturday Events
- Plan and execute church-wide special events
- Develop a system for Sunday morning hospitality including volunteer recruitment and management
- Coordinate and schedule all weddings
- Oversee Christ UMC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Oversee coffee room including managing supplies
- Arrange for snacks and coffee for meetings and other outside ministry related gatherings
- Provide support for Sunday night themed dinners
- Plan Sunday morning volunteer appreciation 2x a year
- Host new member celebration lunches
- Oversee all things related to hospitality for the Sunday morning experience
Skills: Comfortable with church management software like Shelby or Fellowship One, as well as Sign-up Genius and Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Kim Hill, Executive Director, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-533-1136