Christ UMC Plano: Director of Youth Ministry
Date Posted: 7/18/2022
Christ UMC Plano, Plano, TX
Christ United Methodist Church, an established church community with a large, service-minded congregation, is looking to hire a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. In the heart of Plano this UMC congregation is looking for a dynamic, teachable, well-organized leader to join the staff and lead a strong team of volunteers.
Along with leading the youth staff and a team of volunteers, this individual will be engaging and relational, reaching into the lives of the youth and their parents. S/he will work with the youth leadership to develop a vision for youth ministry. S/he will also empower the youth staff and volunteers to build and grow a healthy, sustainable ministry that will flourish.
The right candidate will have 3-5 years of youth ministry experience, hold a bachelor’s degree and embrace a United Methodist theology.
This is a full-time exempt position.
- In collaboration with a team of lay volunteers, steward the vision for Christ United’s Youth Ministries.
- In collaboration with a team of lay volunteers, lead, plan, develop, implement, and evaluate all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, teaching, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Supervise and develop youth staff.
- Recruit, supervise, train, support, evaluate, coordinate, and communicate with the volunteer team.
- Mentor youth to develop leadership skills.
- In collaboration with a team of lay volunteers, plan and lead confirmation and provide leadership for confirmands, teachers, mentors, and parents beyond the classroom.
- In collaboration with a team of lay volunteers, plan and lead all youth trips.
- Oversee youth ministry communications in collaboration with the Christ United Communications Department.
- Select a sound curriculum that reflects the traditions of The United Methodist Church, and that strategically follows a 7 – year plan for youth.
- In collaboration with a team of lay volunteers, develop and maintain parenting programs.
- Mentor youth who are discerning a call to ministry.
- Attend senior staff, worship, and all staff weekly meetings.
- Participate in worship services as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- Provide support for Vacation Bible School.
- Develop and manage the Youth Ministries budget, including planning and managing fundraisers to supplement the budget.
- Keep accurate attendance records, and manage a system for follow up with youth who have been absent from Sunday school, programs and/or events.
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other Christ United staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in youth ministry
- Embraces United Methodist theology
- Proven ability to build relationships with youth, parents, and volunteers
- Proven record of leading a healthy and growing youth ministry
How to Apply
Resumes, along with any questions about the position, may be sent to Heather Quiroz at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 877-462-5718