Christ UMC Plano: Children's Ministries Assistant Director
Date Posted: 3/3/2023
Christ UMC Plano, Plano, TX
The Assistant Director is responsible for the tactical elements of programs and activities related to Children’s Ministry at Christ United Methodist Church, including many weekday and evening events and various other on- and off-site events throughout the year. The Assistant Director is also responsible for managing Children’s Ministry volunteers and assisting the Director of Children’s Ministries as needed.
The Assistant Director should have a passion for reaching children with the gospel message and should be willing to think outside the box to present the gospel message to children in age-appropriate and relevant ways.
The Assistant Director of Children’s Ministries is supervised by the Director of Children’s Ministries.
Scope of Ministry:
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministries to recruit and schedule volunteers
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministries in the preparation and implementation of the Children’s Ministry Sunday School curriculum (age 2-5th grade)
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministries to plan and implement Children’s Ministry Special Events (Easter Egg Hunt, VBS, etc.)
- Model and maintain a positive and enjoyable atmosphere for staff, children and families during all Children’s Ministry programs
- Collaborate with the Director of Children’s Ministries and the children’s ministry team to strategically vision, develop, organize, implement and supervise all children’s ministry programs, activities, trips and events
- Ensure documentation for events and programs is turned in and updated as necessary
- Assist with recruiting and evaluating Children’s Ministry volunteers
- Assist with the Children’s Sunday School processes and programming
- Maintain and communicate the schedule for volunteers
- Ensure all classrooms have adequate teachers, adequately trained and fill in where needed
- Monitor trends and attendance
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Children’s Ministries
How to Apply
Email a resume to Kim Hill, Executive Director, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-533-1136