Christ UMC Plano: Audio-Visual Coordinator for Music & Worship
Date Posted: 5/16/2022
Christ UMC Plano, Plano, TX
The Audio-Visual Coordinator for Music & Worship at Christ United Methodist Church will organize, direct and execute audio-visual projects on behalf of the Music & Worship Ministries of Christ United. Primary responsibility will be A/V for live sanctuary worship and recording and editing music as needed for online worship.
Additional responsibilities include providing audio-visual support for initiatives within the Music & Worship Ministries area, such as producing live and pre-recorded performance videos, supporting weekly ensemble rehearsals and coordinating A/V for facility rentals.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Music Ministries.
The responsibilities and duties of the Audio-Visual Coordinator for Music & Worship will include but are not limited to:
- Management of the sound booth for live worship services in the sanctuary. This includes recruiting and training volunteers and providing a seamless audio-visual experience for live sanctuary services, and live-streaming services on various platforms
- Provide audio-visual services for funerals, weddings or other special services/events as scheduled
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of all A/V components on Christ United’s campus and be able to manipulate the systems to meet all technical needs of events and services at Christ United
- Audio-visual support for initiatives within music and worship ministries.
- Maintain A/V systems throughout the campus, especially in larger venues, as well to set-up A/V carts in classrooms, or for other technology-based projects as needed
- Provide audio-visual support for weekly rehearsals of all adult, youth and children’s choirs and other ensembles as needed
- Maintain licensing for live-streaming music, playing copyrighted videos in sanctuary, and other relevant licensing for legally operating multimedia elements
- Manage reporting of song usage during live streaming for licensing purposes
- Providing audio-visual and other technical support as needed to all programs within music and worship ministries
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Multimedia Arts, Communication, Music Technology, or related discipline
- Extensive knowledge and experience with audio-video equipment and software
- Proven skills in producing polished, professional-level audio-visual content through recording, video editing, audio mixing, and graphic design
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Reliable attention to detail, with keen sensitivity to the quality of audio-visual content and its effect on viewer/listener engagement and perception
- Strong work ethic and a sense of accountability for timely project completion, efficiency, and quality control
- Familiarity with the United Methodist Church and with the primary elements of Christian worship, and an understanding of the specific needs involved with producing audio-visual content in a church environment
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Christ United offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Executive Director Kim Hill. Candidates selected for an interview should be prepared to send additional materials such as letters of recommendation and work samples of multimedia content.
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-533-1136