Christ UMC Plano: Associate Director Youth Ministry
Date Posted: 7/26/2018
Christ UMC Plano, Plano, TX
- Assist with leadership of all youth ministry programs as determined in consultation with the director of youth ministry.
- Work with the youth administrative assistant to make certain all administrative needs are met.
- Assist with planning for various youth programs, events and trips to assure integration of the total youth program.
- Help recruit and develop adult volunteers.
- Maintain effective communication with director of youth ministry and youth administrative assistant to ensure a team approach.
- Aid in the development and procurement of meaningful resources that are compatible with United Methodist doctrine for spiritual development of youth.
- Offer compassionate and caring response to youth and their families in need.
- Seek and complete continuing education opportunities designed to enhance knowledge and expand skills associated with this position.
- Demonstrate a passion for youth and possess the ability to work well with them.
- Possess the ability to work concurrently on several projects and activities.
- Display strong leadership skills in both small and large groups of youth and adults.
- Have excellent organizational, people and communication skills. Capability to use those skills to coordinate and motivate volunteers.
- Show commitment to the values, mission and vision of Christ United Methodist Church.
- Innovative thinking in developing new programs and events to better minister to youth.
- Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree.
- Experience working with youth in a church setting.
How to Apply
Submit resume to Director of Youth Ministry Stefani Reed-Meyer at
Contact Phone: (972) 596-4303