Christ UMC Farmers Branch: Director of Youth Ministry
Date Posted: 6/20/2019
Christ UMC Farmers Branch, Farmers Branch, TX
Christ UMC is a friendly, active and dynamic church of 600+ members with a mission focus and a supportive staff. The Director of Youth Ministry will build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry and young adults (in the areas of community development, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
- Develop and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of community development, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach
- Establish, support and guide the work of the youth and parent councils or equivalent bodies in an annual process of evaluating the vision and goals of the youth ministry and directing monthly planning sessions
- Be aware of resources, especially those within the North Texas Conference, for developing the youth ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries
- Coordinate Sunday School curriculum for youth (grades 6-12), recruit and train teachers
- Coordinate and teach Confirmation classes in partnership with the Senior Pastor and provide leadership for confirmands, mentors and parents beyond the classroom
- Plan, coordinate and attend Sunday and Wednesday evening youth ministry programs
- Plan, coordinate and attend summer and mid-winter mission trips for middle school and high school students, such as the summer ASP (Appalachia Service Project) trip
- Oversee/execute fundraising events for youth ministry, including but not limited to the annual auction at which funds are raised for mission trips
- Participate in and advocate for youth participation in worship services.
- Commitment to the Christian mission, vision and values of the United Methodist Church
- A college degree
- Previous experience as a Youth Minister, staff assistant or key volunteer, and Professional Certification in Youth Ministry in the United Methodist Church are desired
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, relationship and conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals and teams of volunteers.
- Organizational skills for calendar planning and event coordination
- Ability to communicate through voice, email, text and social media
- Can lift 25 pounds