Blue Mound UMC: Organist/Pianist
Date Posted: 2/26/2021
Blue Mound UMC, Denton, TX
Assist worship staff in leading the church in meaningful worship by providing organ and piano music for congregational singing and inspirational instrumental music.
- Play organ and/or piano for weekly Sunday morning worship at 10:45 am. Currently this includes both a pre-recording session on Saturday afternoons and the possibility of live worship services on Sunday mornings when it is deemed safe to do so.
- Provide organ and/or piano music for special worship services as needed. These services include but are not limited to Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Christmas Eve.
- Plan meaningful and timely instrumental organ and/or piano music for each worship service, including Prelude, Postlude and Offertory music.
- Work with Music Director to prepare hymns for congregational singing and other aspects of the service that involve music.
- Work together with the Pastor and other staff for the good of the church and our ministry together.
- Proficiency as an organist and pianist, preferably with experience playing hymns for group singing.
- Significant repertoire and knowledge to identify and prepare instrumental music appropriate for weekly and special worship services (e.g. prelude, postlude, offertory).
- Affinity for working as a team member with other staff and members of the congregation.
- Faithful commitment to the ministry of the Church in sharing God’s love and grace with the community and the world.
Anticipated Salary: $100 per service/event (negotiable)
Preferred Start Date: The week of April 5, preparing for worship on April 11.
How to Apply
Send a resume to Rev. Marc Corazao at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 940-613-6492