Blue Mound UMC: Administrative Assistant
Date Posted: 1/4/2019
Blue Mound UMC, Denton, TX
The Executive Administrator will manage the church office while overseeing the hospitable, effective and efficient stewardship of the church’s physical and informational resources, that we might best carry out our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The “first face” of the organization, he/she will offer a sense of care and welcome, along with dependable and quality clerical support. He/She will create thoughtful, up-to-date and attractive forms of communications using a variety of avenues to support the ongoing ministries and growth of the church.
Job Type: Part-Time 20 -25 hours per week
Pay: $18,785 a year
- Displays a love for and belief in Jesus Christ
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and a healthy lifestyle
- Considers this position a ministry calling and not a job
- Models standards and expectations of Christian leadership
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of related experience.
- Exhibits broad knowledge of and proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Tools and social media communications
- Willingness to learn Google Calendar, Power Church and website updates
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
- Management of complex organizational systems, processes, communications and details; ability to manage his/her time well and meet deadlines; has minimal need for oversight
- Prompt and excellent customer service skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrates experience and ability to effectively use graphic design principles, typography and photography to produce quality communications
- Adapts well to change; maintains a positive attitude; exercises creativity and initiative
- Highly motivated and self-directed team player with a demonstrated commitment to inclusivity for all God’s people
- United Methodist background is not required, but must be supportive of the polity, theology and policies of the pastor, Blue Mound United Methodist Church and the larger United Methodist Church
- Providing a welcoming and hospitable presence in-person, electronically and on the phone
- Addressing immediate needs or inquiries in a warm and assuring manner, and appropriately transferring or directing individuals to those who can best meet their needs, oversee voicemail and return calls
- Ensuring appropriate administrative support is provided to pastor, handle all personal and professional scheduling of meetings, appointments, travel, etc.
- Maintaining an awareness and electronic documentation of church events, email management, membership and guests; Update attendance records in church database, overseeing guest follow-up information and materials, compose thank you notes on behalf of pastor or church
- Strategizing, designing, preparing, communicating and promoting accurate and visually attractive church and denominational offerings/updates for the congregation and larger community through a variety of media, including but not limited to: weekly worship programs and emails, monthly newsletters and daily website maintenance, along with posters, flyers, social media posts and submissions for local publications
- Provide proofreading of sermons, notes, emails, blogs and other communications
- Maintaining strict confidentiality with the pastor and as it relates to information affecting the overall function and health of the church and its membership
- Participating in regularly-scheduled and occasional meetings with pastor, staff and committees/teams, record and distribute meeting minutes and action items
- Adhering to the policies and procedures outlined in the church’s Employee Handbook and publicly supporting the pastor, staff and mission of the church.
- Fulfilling additional duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Email your resume to Pastor Jacob Fields at
Contact Phone: 940-382-0825