Argyle UMC: Director of Youth Ministries
Date Posted: 8/8/2018
Argyle UMC, Argyle, TX
The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for ministry oversight of children, birth-5th grade, and their families, including working with the Children’s Council. Argyle UMC is a community of faith, called to grow as disciples, working with God, to transform the world one life at a time. We believe in graciously welcoming all and passionately developing authentic, generous, disciplined, compassionate, and service-oriented leaders of all ages.
Supervisor: Director of Discipleship
- Create and lead a ministry for youth and their families
- Develop means for discipleship through large and small group ministry, retreats, accountability groups, mission trips and mentoring of students
- Be an effective partner and resource for the parents and students through regular communication
- Lead a comprehensive outreach effort to promote Argyle UMC in the community
- During the week invest in the lives of students building relationships with them in the most effective way possible
- Oversee Sunday morning youth LifeGroups for Middle School and High School students
- Develop a pathway through which students can develop into deeper Disciples of Jesus Christ
- Create a system developing adult and student leaders
- Oversee confirmation program for 7th grade students
- Promote stewardship by teaching and encouraging students to discover their gifts and potential for service and provide opportunities for them to do so.
- Oversee the student mission ministry
- Develop a presence in the life of students on the local school campuses
- Recruit, train and empower volunteers
- Work closely with a council of youth parents to develop all student ministry programs and events.
- Creating safe, fun, faith-formational experiences and systems that embrace and engage students in their current developmental phase.
- Partnering with parents to help them be as impactful as possible in their role as the primary spiritual influencers for their family.
- Build volunteer teams to help facilitate and engage student with the ministry.
- Work with the Discipleship Team to create a cohesive and impactful discipleship ministry for all ages.
- Reports to the Director of Discipleship.
The Director of Youth Ministries will have a strong commitment to Jesus Christ; developed leadership and administrative skills; a commitment to creating a partnership between church and families; expertise in inviting, equipping and supporting volunteers; a passion for creating meaningful faith-formational experiences for children and families; and a desire to serve as part of a team.
- A deep commitment to Jesus Christ
- A desire to serve within the United Methodist Church
- Reflects a passion for helping children form a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Passionate about working as part of a larger team and mission
- Effective strategic planning and organizational skills
Experience and Training
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably in a related field
- 5 years of experience in a church setting preferable
- Expertise in building teams and inviting, equipping, and supporting volunteers
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Director of Administration and Discipleship Jennifer Tolin at
Contact Phone: (940) 391-7750