Argyle UMC: Communications Coordinator
Date Posted: 4/10/2018
Argyle UMC, Argyle, TX
- Drives unity and alignment of all church communications with the vision and mission of Argyle UMC. The Communications Coordinator will work with church and ministry leaders to develop communications processes and define priorities to create an environment in which messages can be communicated clearly, creatively. and effectively.
- Creates, organizes, plans, and implements effective communications messages and strategies to church and community audiences. The individual will support church and ministry leaders in conveying their vision and communications priorities to appropriate audiences.
- Proactively plans and partners with ministries, meeting with them, and creating communication plans and design content to mobilize their specific audiences to respond.
- Creates and implements a strategy for becoming more visible in the community.
- Works with church and ministry leaders to develop communications messages to reach those not currently associated with the church.
- Ensures high-quality and highest impact communications are created for both internal and external audiences. Looks for ways to connect with people through online and written communications. Helps drive individuals to take the next step in connecting with AUMC.
- Has a seat at the table with the Worship Arts Team and Church Council to be informed of leadership priorities and decisions, with permission to speak into communications/marketing issues.
- Carries out the day-to-day tasks of facilitating communications/marketing, including responsibility for the items listed in the attached addendum.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the website on a regular basis and serves as the Webmaster for the church’s website.
- Responsible for editing and proofreading all communication while looking for clear communication, brand presence, and consistency.
- Cultivates, leads, and manages a team of communications ministry volunteers to help implement communications strategies and tactics including, but not limited to, writing content, blog posts, social media outreach, and local outreach.
- Keeps communications requests on time and on budget.
- Answers directly to the Director of Administration.
The Communications Coordinator will have a strong commitment to Jesus Christ; a commitment to creating a partnership between church and community; expertise in creative planning, leading and managing others, and equipping and supporting volunteers; a passion for sharing stories creatively; and a desire to serve as part of a team. The Communications Coordinator will be a developed leader, facilitator, creative director, partner for improvement, and a problem-solver.
- A deep commitment to Jesus Christ and a desire to serve within the United Methodist Church.
- A commitment to being Christ-like, supportive, authentic, transparent, and a person of integrity in our working community.
- Reflects a passion for sharing stories, communicating clearly, and working with a team for a greater mission.
- Proficiency in strategic planning, writing/editing, working with social and traditional media, and multi-tasking.
- Leadership, Coaching/Training: Leading staff and volunteers to implement communications strategies. Ability to educate about processes and procedures and meet people where they are in their level of understanding.
- Marketing/Public Relations
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Design: Knows basic design principles; experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Videography experience preferred or willingness to learn.
Experience and Training
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably in a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in a church setting preferable.
How to Apply
Email resume to Director of Administration and Discipleship Jennifer Tolin at