Argyle UMC: Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Date Posted: 3/22/2018
Argyle UMC, Argyle, TX
Argyle UMC is looking for a full-time Children’s Ministry Coordinator to work 40 hours per week and report to the Director of Discipleship.
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator is responsible for ministry oversight of children, birth-5th grade, and their families. The Children’s Ministry Coordinator will work as a part of the discipleship team that continually assess and develops a pathway for discipleship growth at Argyle UMC.
Argyle UMC is a community of faith, called to grow as disciples, working with God, to transform the world one life at a time. We believe in graciously welcoming all and passionately developing authentic, generous, disciple, compassionate, and service-oriented leaders of all ages.
- Working with the Discipleship Team to create, assess, and evaluate the way in which we as Argyle UMC empower our people to move in and through the discipleship pathway as they grow in their relationship with God at all ages and stages of life.
- Partnering with the Children’s Council to develop a strong leadership strategy for how this ministry will continue to come alongside children as they grown in their relationship with God.
- Serve as staff supervisor to the Nursery Coordinator and when necessary, nursery team.
- Serve as a guide for Children’s Ministry workers and volunteers.
- Creating safe, fun, faith-formational experiences and systems that embrace and engage children in their current developmental phase.
- Develop, adhere, and ensure all works adhere to safety policies regarding children.
- with parents to help them be as impactful as possible in their role as the primary spiritual influencers for their family.
- Aware of congregation goals and vision for the church. Aligns children’s ministry goals with that vision.
- Develop disciples through programs, training, and teaching.
- Responsible for assuring children are included and considered within the life of the congregation.
- Responsible for mission education with children and families.
- Communicates with parents, congregation, and leadership on relevant aspects of children’s ministry.
- Comes alongside lay leadership to develop appropriate and relevant curriculum to move the ministry in the direction of the Discipleship Pathway in conjunction with the Discipleship team.
- Develops a vested interest in individuals.
- Considers and includes children in the broader community.
- Builds volunteer teams to help facilitate and engage children with the ministry.
- Actively attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Answers directly to the Director of Discipleship.
- Other roles as defined by the Director of Discipleship.
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator will have a strong commitment to Jesus Christ; developed leadership and administrative skills; a commitment to creating a partnership between church and families; expertise in inviting, equipping and supporting volunteers; a passion for creating meaningful faith-formational experiences for children and families; and a desire to serve as part of a team.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A deep commitment to Jesus Christ
- A desire to serve within the United Methodist Church
- Reflects a passion for helping children form a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Passionate about working as part of a larger team and mission
- Effective strategic planning and organizational skills
- Ability to set and meet goals
- Excellent communication skills
Experience and Training
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably in a related field
- 5 years of experience in a church setting preferable
- Expertise in building teams and inviting, equipping, and supporting volunteers
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Director of Administration and Discipleship Jennifer Tolin at