Anna UMC: Preschool Teacher
Date Posted: 5/6/2019
Anna UMC, Anna, TX
Responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate preschool program for young children that complies with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures. Nurtures children, crafts, and instruction, and ensures students are clean and kept safe.
- Pray for children in your class.
- Complete a background check and complete all the necessary training.
- Assist in the development of a program for young children within the preschool.
- Attend ongoing Preschool training and meetings when necessary.
- Become familiar with emergency procedures and protocol.
- Promote literacy and early education.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before school starts.
- Have all supplies in the classroom prior to class.
- Prepare and guide Bible learning activities from the provided Bible curriculum.
- Prepare curriculum, activities, crafts, and class materials prior to class.
- Teach the Bible lessons in a creative way so that children will learn and grow in their faith.
- Comfort children in times of need.
- Encourage children with expressions and hugs.
- Provide time for nutritious snacks and lunches that are parent provided.
- Talk with parents about behavioral and educational goals and objectives.
- Develop activities to stimulate the children.
- Establish policies and procedures for inside and outside the classroom.
- Provide weekly schedules for children and parents.
- Integrate special needs children in a respectful manner.
- Stay in the classroom at all times when children are under your supervision. Never leave children unattended in the classroom.
- Take children to the bathroom according to the Children’s Ministry policies and procedures.
- Report needed classroom supplies to the Preschool Director (pencils, markers, glue, etc.).
- Leave room clean, neat and in good condition at the end of each day.
- Report damaged toys/equipment or safety hazards to the Preschool Coordinator.
- Ensure cupboards are locked and cleaning supplies out of reach.
- Clean and sterilize equipment and toys daily.
- Discuss development with parents.
- Cell phone use should be limited to emergencies, classroom needs or parent communication needs.
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter and three professional references to
Contact Phone: 972-924-3734