January 5-7, 2020
North Texas Conference UMC
500 Maplelawn Dr. Plano, TX 75075
“The Awakened Life: An Eight-Week Guide to Student Well-Being" is an exciting new resource being released by GBHEM. The simple but profound purpose of this guide is to help address issues of student well-being through mindfulness practices proven to improve mood, concentration and relationships. A core piece of this curriculum includes attending one leadership training retreat for leaders who will be using this guide with their students. This retreat will focus on teaching campus ministers and chaplains the core components of the curriculum and equipping them to address these issues with their students. We would love for you to join us!!
- Sunday, Jan 5
- 2 to 8 p.m. – opening session
- Monday, Jan. 6
- 9 a.m. to noon – session
- noon to 2 p.m. – lunch on your own
- 2 to 8 p.m. – session and dinner
- Tuesday, Jan. 7
- 9 a.m. to noon – concluding session
- Dinner Sunday and Monday plus snacks will be provided.
- Breakfast and lunch on Monday and breakfast on Tuesday are on your own.
There is a room block at Staybridge Suites under the name “North Texas Conference.” Please call the hotel directly and ask to speak to Kim Tanner.
Staybridge Suites Plano
301 Silverglen Dr, Plano, TX 75075